Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 95: Traveling

We traveled to Georgia today. It was an adventure. When we got onto our first flight, there was a dog in my seat. So, I had to walk to the very back of the plane because you can't turn around while loading. I was holding three bags and Emerson--all while Emerson was losing his shoes because he was kicking his feet. I had the flight attendant figure out what happened. It turned out that the lady that had the dog forgot to tell the airline that she was traveling with a seeing eye dog (which by the way I think definitely has to be checked due to others allergies). So, she got moved. And I had to sitting the seat that the dog was in and there was hair EVERY WHERE. I was so mad about that. If you know me, you know how much a can not stand dogs and this just made me extremely mad the whole first flight.
My second flight was on a small plane. So, they asked me to check my little bigger bag. So, without thinking, I gave it to them to check. As we took off, Emerson pooped all over himself. Right them I realized that all of the changing stuff was in the bag that I checked, and he was the only baby on the plane. So, I had to sit there and hold him the whole flight. I felt so bad because he couldn't move around like he wanted to and the other on the plane had to smell his nastiness.
When we got off the plane, I was SO excited to get my bag and be able to change him. So I waited to get my bag at the gate and all the other bags and Emerson's stroller came off, but not my bag. This bag had my camera, camcorder, and all the changing stuff in it, so I had to get it. I told them that I needed them to find it. It took them a few minutes, but they found it.
We walked out to the baggage claim and met up with Emily and my mom. Emily decided to go change Emerson while I got my bag. My mom and I walked up to the carousel to get my bag and the car seat. All the bags had already been taken off of the carousel by the airport personnel. My car seat was there, but NOT my bag. They said that it was taken off the plane in Atlanta, so I think that it must have been stolen from the carousel while I was waiting for them to find my other bag. Talk about not a happy person now!

1 comment:

Emily Christiansen said...

It totally sucks that your bag got stolen... who it that awful that they would still someones luggage? Even though Emerson had a horribly poopy diaper, I don't think I have ever been so excited to see a baby before.